At THE FARM, we are blessed with dozens of chickens of various breeds and ages, who provide a daily harvest of fresh eggs.
From the small Banty hen’s eggs to the Jumbo specimens produced by some of our larger chicken varieties, many dozens of eggs are produced by our chickens alone.
Our ducks also produce a few eggs of their own, as well as our small flock of quail and one or two peacocks, geese or turkeys.
But mostly we have chicken eggs.
Farm fresh eggs that are only a few days old when you get them.
Eggs that come in a variety of sizes and colors.
Some are almost maroon, they are so beautifully colorful.
Some have speckles.
Some are a lighter shade of brown, like chocolate milk.
Some are lighter still.
Some are gray, some are green, some are bluish, and some are just plain white.
But ALL are from happy, healthy, well-fed and FREE-ROAMING chickens.
Our “ladies” are fed a high-quality diet consisting of both organic and non-organic foods, both commercially-processed and fresh, including lots of raw fruits and veggies.
They have a large outside area they can roam in, scratch in the dirt, compete for insects, socialize, and soak up some sun.
They enjoy fresh, unprocessed well-water and uncrowded, wide-open living conditions.
And they each generously produce as many as 300 delicious, nutritious and super-fresh eggs per year (for some of our breeds).
We harvest these eggs, wash them, candle, sort and grade them and then package them by the dozen – all by hand, mind you – in paper bags for sale to the public.
Our medium eggs sell for $5.50 per dozen and our large eggs sell for $6.00 per dozen.
Yes, we realize they are a bit more costly than the eggs you might buy at your favorite grocery store.
And here’s why we hope you won’t mind spending a little bit more, knowing your money is doing a LOT more.
- The average age of OUR eggs is less than a week. The average age of eggs in a grocery store is 30 days.
- OUR eggs are from only free-roaming hens who can lay where they please. “Their” eggs are probably from factory-farmed birds who are confined to small wire cages their entire lives.
- OUR eggs are hand-processed, using no solvents, chemicals, dyes or oils. “Their”eggs are machine-processed and probably came in contact with one or more of the list.
- The purchase of OUR eggs benefits not only the rescue animals on THE FARM, but also your local small business and community relations
- You get super-fresh, top-quality eggs, while also directly supporting THE FARM and all of our animals.
And, despite the cost of feed, water and pen maintenance, the only place any price difference between “our eggs versus theirs” goes, is towards the care and feeding of our entire menagerie.
So, your purchase of our genuinely farm fresh eggs and other merchandise (like our own raw honey) goes toward the various types of feeds and bedding we need for the animals every week, as well as toward all other aspects of the maintenance and restoration of THE FARM.
And we genuinely thank you for your business!
Unless you own the chickens, this is as Farm-Fresh as you are going to get, when it comes to eggs in the Las Vegas Valley.
Our fine eggs are available to the public on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:00 AM till 4:00 PM.
Special orders/ requests for eggs? Please consult Farmer Sharon or Farmer Glenn.