Field Trips at THE FARM
Attention parents, teachers, and anyone else who’d like to visit!
What Does a Field Trip to THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE Include?
- A piece of fresh, seasonal fruit
- A bag of feed that can be fed to many animals
- A tour with Q & A regarding rescued animals & an explanation of THE FARM and its operations
- Opportunity to get up close with one or more animals (probably a bunch) to pet, hold, touch
- Choice of Farm Train ride or Hay Ride.
- Please note that the train is only for groups with children 50 lbs. & under
- Access to the Amazing Maize Maze
- Answers, answers, answers…to all the questions we know they’ll ask
We’ve been open to the public for several decades now and we know how much the young and old alike enjoy THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE and its inhabitants. And it’s bound to be a field trip location your students are sure to talk excitedly about for quite some time after they visit. An abundance of teaching opportunities present themselves to you here, as well as lots of post-trip assignments.
And let’s not forget another important point – We Are IN TOWN!
No need to set half the day aside for driving time just to get to and from our place. We’re located on the Northwest corner of W. Grand Teton Ave and N. Tenaya Way at 7222 W. Grand Teton Drive Las Vegas NV 89131 and accessible via I95, the 215 and lots of major thoroughfares. Thus, no cranky kids wondering “are we there yet?”…
And speaking of which, one more note. THE FARM has a strict no-whining/yelling policy, actively enforced by Farmer Sharon, your tour director. Whining/yelling is not only disruptive to adults and other kids but, especially so to the animals. So, please let your class know that we expect them to be on their best behavior while here. Thanks in advance for that.
We hope you’ll consider THE FARM for your next field trip and please don’t hesitate to contact Farmer Sharon for additional information.