Volunteering at THE FARM
What Does Volunteering Consist Of?
o Fri: 8am or later
o Sat/Sun: Between 7am & 8am or after 10am.
4 hours minimum
Long pants, closed toed shoes, shirt with sleeves (no tanks tops, spaghetti straps, crop tops, muscle shirts, etc)
and volunteer button (provided).
All clothing must be family-friendly.
You will get dirty so don’t wear your Sunday best.
Please read the volunteer info sheet for additional information/requirements.
o No cell phones, texting, or headphones while volunteering
o If you need paperwork for school, court, work, etc, you need to bring two copies with you each time you volunteer.
We do not provide letters, paperwork, documentation, webpage completion, etc.
o Park in the large lot past the blue dumpsters (see above)
Speciality Volunteer Positions
- RIcon List Item
- RGeneral painter for various projects
- RArtists/painters for various projects
- RVolunteers to help every friday to make sure the cages are super-cleaned for the weekend
- RVolunteers to help file for non-profit grants
- RGate monitors (great for individuals who want to volunteer but have mobility issues)
- RHay bag makers - 1 or 2 days per week for a few hours
- RAnyone with construction experience, especially carpentry, electrical & plumbing
Volunteer For Upcoming Projects
- RSwamp cooler expert
- RBuild shade structures
- RConcession stand utility connections
- RInstall solar exhaust fan in concession stand/conex
- RInstall netting over animal areas
- RInstall automatic waterers for chickens
- RRun/wire surveillance system
- RWeatherproof concession stand & other structures
- RAnd many more!