Volunteering at THE FARM
What Does Volunteering Consist Of?
o Fri: 8am or later
o Sat/Sun: Between 7am & 8am or after 10am.
4 hours minimum
o No cell phones, texting, or headphones while volunteering
o If you need paperwork for school, court, work, etc, you need to bring two copies with you each time you volunteer.
We do not provide letters, paperwork, documentation, webpage completion, etc.
Long pants, closed toed shoes, shirt with sleeves (t-shirt is ok) and volunteer button (provided).
All clothing must be family-friendly.
You will get dirty so don’t wear your Sunday best.
Please read the volunteer info sheet for additional information/requirements.
Speciality Volunteer Positions
- RCat caretaker for backyard cat enclosure -1 day a week (preferably fridays)
- RGeneral painter for various projects
- RArtists/painters for various projects
- RVolunteers to help every friday to make sure the cages are super-cleaned for the weekend
- RVolunteers to help file for non-profit grants
- RGate monitors (great for individuals who want to volunteer but have mobility issues)
- RHay bag makers - 1 or 2 days per week for a few hours
- RAnyone with construction experience, especially carpentry, electrical & plumbing
Volunteer For Upcoming Projects
- RSwamp cooler expert
- RBuild shade structures
- RConcession stand utility connections
- RInstall solar exhaust fan in concession stand/conex
- RInstall netting over animal areas
- RInstall automatic waterers for chickens
- RRun/wire surveillance system
- RWeatherproof concession stand & other structures
- RAnd many more!