Attention parents, teachers, and anyone else who’d like to visit. Yes, THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE does offer field trips!
Here are some of the details you need to know.
Who Is This For?
School-age children in any grade, really. Even adults can still learn something out here on this fun-filled field trip and high school and college-age students will enjoy the variety of animals and the farm environment.
What Does a Field Trip to THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE Include?
- A piece of fresh, seasonal fruit
- A bag of feed that can be fed to many animals
- A tour with Q & A regarding rescued animals & an explanation of THE FARM and its operations
- Opportunity to get up close with one or more animals (probably a bunch) to pet, hold, touch
- Farm Train ride for toddlers (50 lbs. & under)
- Access to the Hay Bale Maze (if available) or a hayride for older kids (if available)
- Answers, answers, answers…to all the questions we know they’ll ask
What Are The Requirements?
- First and most importantly, we’ll need a liability release signed by a parent or legal guardian for each minor child. This applies to all siblings of walking age attending the field trip
- Long pants and closed-toe shoes are mandatory, for safety reasons and comfort. Hat, sunblock, and water are highly suggested.
- Adequate adult supervision for your group
- Costs are $10 per student, per hour (including siblings) and $5 per adult, per hour, to include teachers – paid upon or prior to entry
- Please be aware that a check or cash donation for all monies owed must be brought previous to or on the day of the field trip or no entry will be allowed.
- Please contact farmer Sharon at least TWO WEEKS prior to the day you’d like to schedule your field trip on and ensure you receive an email confirmation from her. We sure don’t want any scheduling conflicts… Sharon can be contacted below via phone or email: [email protected] or (702) 982-8000
- Please enter through the well-marked gate on the Tenaya side of THE FARM.
- We have one standard and two wheelchair-accessible Porta-Potties
- Hand-washing stations are also provided
We’ve been open to the public for several decades now and we know how much the young and old alike enjoy THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE and its inhabitants. And it’s bound to be a field trip location your students are sure to talk excitedly about for quite some time after they visit. An abundance of teaching opportunities present themselves to you here, as well as lots of post-trip assignments.
And let’s not forget another important point – We Are IN TOWN!
No need to set half the day aside for driving time just to get to and from our place. We’re located on the corner of W. Grand Teton Ave and N. Tenaya Way and accessible via I95, the 215 and lots of major thoroughfares. Thus, no cranky kids wondering “are we there yet?”…
And speaking of which, one more note. THE FARM has a strict no-whining policy, actively enforced by Farmer Sharon, your tour director. Whining is not only disruptive to adults and other kids but, especially so to the animals. So, please let your class know that we expect them to be on their best behavior while here. Thanks in advance for that.
We hope you’ll consider THE FARM for your next field trip and please don’t hesitate to contact Farmer Sharon ([email protected]) for additional information and to schedule your trip.