Attention parents, teachers, and anyone else who’d like to visit. Yes, THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE does offer field trips!
Here are some of the details you need to know.
Who Is This For?
School-age children in any grade, really. Even adults can still learn something out here on this fun-filled field trip and high school and college-age students will enjoy the variety of animals and the farm environment.
What Does a Field Trip to THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE Include?
- A piece of fresh, seasonal fruit
- A bag of feed that can be fed to many animals
- A tour with Q & A regarding rescued animals & an explanation of THE FARM and its operations
- Opportunity to get up close with one or more animals (probably a bunch) to pet, hold, touch
- Choice of Farm Train ride or Hay Ride.
- Please note that train is only for groups with children 50 lbs. & under
- Access to the Hay Bale Maze (when available)
- Answers, answers, answers…to all the questions we know they’ll ask
What Are The Requirements?
- First and most importantly, we’ll need a liability release signed by a parent or legal guardian for each minor child. This applies to all siblings of walking age attending the field trip
- Long pants/leggings and closed-toe shoes are mandatory, for safety reasons and comfort. Hat, sunblock, and water are highly suggested.
- Adequate adult supervision for your group
- Costs are $10 per student (including siblings) and $5 per adult, to include teachers
- All children of walking age attending field trip will be included in total group cost
- Please be aware that a check or cash donation for all monies owed must be brought previous to or on the day of the field trip or no entry will be allowed.
- Complete the Field Trip Request Form and email [email protected]. Please email request at least TWO WEEKS prior to the weekday you’d like to schedule your field trip on. Please call 702-982-8000 if you have any questions.
- Field trips with 30 or less children are 1 hour; 31 or more children are 1 ½ hours
- Please enter through the well-marked gate on the Tenaya side of THE FARM.
- We have one standard and two wheelchair-accessible Porta-Potties
- Hand-washing stations are also provided
We’ve been open to the public for several decades now and we know how much the young and old alike enjoy THE FARM/BARN BUDDIES RESCUE and its inhabitants. And it’s bound to be a field trip location your students are sure to talk excitedly about for quite some time after they visit. An abundance of teaching opportunities present themselves to you here, as well as lots of post-trip assignments.
And let’s not forget another important point – We Are IN TOWN!
No need to set half the day aside for driving time just to get to and from our place. We’re located on the corner of W. Grand Teton Ave and N. Tenaya Way and accessible via I95, the 215 and lots of major thoroughfares. Thus, no cranky kids wondering “are we there yet?”…
And speaking of which, one more note. THE FARM has a strict no-whining/yelling policy, actively enforced by Farmer Sharon, your tour director. Whining/yelling is not only disruptive to adults and other kids but, especially so to the animals. So, please let your class know that we expect them to be on their best behavior while here. Thanks in advance for that.
We hope you’ll consider THE FARM for your next field trip and please don’t hesitate to contact Farmer Sharon for additional information.